- Adolescent Mental Health /Depression Screening
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Diabetes & Vascular
- General Measure Question
- HEDIS Questions
- Insurance and RELC supplemental data
- Orthopedic Measures
- Symptom Control During Chemotherapy
- Data Submission Resources
- Preliminary HEDIS Performance Results
- Preliminary Clinical Quality Measure Results
- Technical Questions
Blood pressures taken in an outpatient setting
Blood pressures taken in an outpatient setting (e.g., infusion center) qualify for the blood pressure components of the applicable quality measures. The intent of the blood pressure exemption is related to diagnostic or surgical procedures that have the potential to temporarily elevate blood pressure caused by pain. Blood pressures taken in settings that provide infusions are not considered diagnostic or surgical procedures that have the potential to cause pain and are not expected to elevate blood pressures.
Blood pressures associated with a diagnostic test or surgical procedure can be excluded for measure calculation. If you are submitting under PIPE, please enter 1=diagnostic test or 2=surgical procedure in the Blood Pressure file under Appointment Type. For all others, apply code 3=other.